• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Harvey Weinstein sacked

Paul

Administrator
Staff member
From the BBC News website:

Harvey Weinstein, the film producer accused of sexually harassing female employees for nearly three decades, has been fired by the board of his company.

The Weinstein Company directors said that "in light of new information about misconduct", they had terminated Mr Weinstein's employment "effective immediately".

The statement was issued on Sunday by Robert Weinstein, Lance Maerov, Richard Koenigsberg and Tarak Ben Ammar.

Mr Weinstein had been informed.

The Miramax and Weinstein Company co-founder has produced a number of Oscar-winning films, including Shakespeare in Love, The King's Speech and The Artist.

Following the New York Times report about the harassment claims, the 65-year-old apologised and said he planned to take a leave of absence.

"The way I've behaved with colleagues in the past has caused a lot of pain, and I sincerely apologise for it," Mr Weinstein said.
Read more here Weinstein sacked after harassment claims

I'm always amazed by stories like this. Surely it can't be too difficult for someone in Harvey Weinstein's position to get laid.

I find a lot of these stories to be a bit unbelievable. I mean come on, thirty fucking years later you complain? It is hard to tell anymore with all the political correctness crap being shoved down everyone's throats. Seems like a fad people doing this.

If those women were truly abuse, I feel sorry for them. 🙁